In Part 1 of our 3-part Rustic Chic Wedding Blog Series, we shared why Brown County, Indiana, is THE destination for the elegant rustic chic wedding you’ve been dreaming of—whether you want to get married in a restored wedding barn, on a scenic hilltop vista, or surrounded by the majestic forest. Don’t forget to download your FREE Wedding Guide to start exploring venues, vendors, and more!
What’s one of the best ways to carry the rustic chic theme throughout your entire wedding day? One-of-a-kind handcrafted details! For a country wedding aesthetic that is still elegant and refined, think lace, natural textures, wood elements, and florals with lots of greenery. The possibilities are endless!
In Part 2 of our Rustic Chic Wedding Blog Series, check out these 6 rustic chic ideas from real Brown County weddings and get inspired as you plan your own special day:
1. Tie the knot under a rustic wooden altar adorned with beautiful flowers, greenery, and/or ethereal draped fabric.
2. You could also say “I do” standing under a grand tree in the Great Outdoors. For extra rustic charm, hang candlelit Mason jars from the tree branches.
3. The bride and bridesmaids could wear romantic ruffled dresses with sweetheart necklines, feminine lace, or stylish vintage-inspired gowns. Neutral and soft tones work well.
4. The groom and groomsmen could skip the black-tie dress code of classic tuxedos. Instead opt for more casual suits (think non-black colors like navy, gray, or khaki or a lightweight linen); tweed vests without jackets; or button-down shirts, bow ties, and leather suspenders. And for a little extra country flair, the bridal party could even wear cowboy boots and/or hats.
5. Romantic hairstyles include sweeping up-dos, soft tousled curls, braids, and a classic chignon with loose tendrils. You could also incorporate hair accessories (like a sparkly tiara, embellished headband, crystal hairpiece, beaded hairpins, or pearl hair vine) or floral embellishments (like fresh flowers, greenery, or flower crowns).
6. For lush floral design, incorporate romantic flowers, baby’s breath, and greenery loosely arranged with a natural, organic feel everywhere. This includes bridal party hair (see #5 above); bouquets hand-tied with twine or burlap; and anything and everything at your ceremony and reception: the reception tables, bar, dessert display, cake, and all rustic wooden elements (altar, barrels, crates, signage, table seating chart, etc.).
Want even more ideas for your rustic chic wedding? Check out Part 3 of our Rustic Chic Wedding Blog Series for additional one-of-a-kind handcrafted details.
We hope these ideas from couples who got married in Brown County will serve as inspiration for your big day as you bring your rustic chic wedding vision to life. From officiants and caterers to florists, photographers, and more, our seasoned wedding professionals are ready to help you plan a personalized experience you and your guests will remember forever!
Mark one thing off your wedding checklist right now by downloading your FREE Brown County Wedding Guide!