- This event has passed.
45th Annual Shelby Spring Fling
May 20 – May 21
Upon the Indiana SAAC’s formation in 1977, the Shelby Spring Fling quickly became a Brown County staple that has continued for over 40 years. The fling is a relaxing, fun, family-oriented event for all Shelby and Mustang enthusiasts alike. Located in Brown County State Park, park gate fees apply for entry.
- The weekend kicks off on Thursday evening for those that want to get in early and enjoy a relaxing evening in the park, and have dinner in the scenic village of Nashville, IN.
- Friday morning is the Pony Trails, with dozens of Mustangs cruising to a planned destination in southern Indiana. This has included towns such as: Madison, Greensburg, Bloomington, Salem (with hot laps on the famed Salem Motor Speedway), French Lick and McCormick’s Creek State Park among others. Lunch is either planned with the group or own your own once we reach the destination. The local towns love to see all the Mustangs roll in, and it’s a great time to mingle among like minded enthusiasts.
- Friday evening is the Welcome Bash at the Abe Martin Lodge, which is a great time to pick up your registration packet, mingle among friends and introduce yourself to new friends! Hors d’oeuvres & refreshments are served, some games are played and door prizes are called out.
- Saturday is the big show down at the pool parking area, with cars parked by generations for class judging. The show also includes a few select vendors and a lunch picnic. Beginning in 2021, awards are now presented at the show site around 3:30pm to conclude the event.
- Once the show concludes at 5pm it’s back up to the Abe Martin Lodge for the Dinner Banquet. This includes a guest speaker, a few specialty awards and recognition for our tenured members, presented by the Board of Directors.