Drawing Bootcamp with Alan Larkin – POSTPONED
March 27 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
One event on March 28, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on March 29, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on March 30, 2020 at 9:00 am
Don’t miss out on a drawing workshop with the talented Alan Larkin. This workshop is all about the science of drawing, stressing the importance of observing and how to use it to strengthen the ability to draw representational work. This introductory workshop takes place over four days and is broken into two sessions each day. Pre-registration is required. Call Gallery to register. Class size limited.
The beginning set of exercises use a specific set of tools, compressed charcoal, rough newsprint and white plastic erasers. Since later exercises can result in more finished works that can often be very fine, it’s also suggested to buy a pad of charcoal papers.
• Prang Compressed charcoal pencils – 2 medium & 1 soft
• Staedtler Mars plastic eraser
• Staedtler Mars plastic pencil
• Rough newsprint – 18” x 24”
• Charcoal paper – 18” x 24” only 6 sheets required. Sometimes the pads are a good economic option