Even though life as we know it has changed, we’re ready for the new world of travel ahead!
Indiana has reached Stage 4.5 of Indiana’s five stage Back on Track plan. This change replaces the anticipated advancement into Stage 5 as Governor Holcomb announced a two week pause through July 17.
As we continue to reopen, our main mission is to keep YOU, our local businesses, and our residents safe!
We ask that you practice social distancing, wear a face mask, be patient, considerate, and vigilant to ensure that our community is able to remain open.
What to expect when visiting?
While things in Brown County may be a bit different, we still look forward to hosting you safely.
We ask that you practice social distancing and wear a face mask to ensure we can stay open.
If you want to know if your favorite business is up and running, the best thing to contact them directly via phone, website or social media.
Brown County State Park
- Hiking and Mountain Biking trails are open
- Saddle Barn is open
- Playgrounds are open
- The Nature Center is open and offering outdoor programs
- The public outdoor pool is closed for the season
Our restaurant are open with seating at 75% capacity. They offer an assortment of outdoor seating, curbside pick up and carry out. Learn more about patio seating
Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries
All are open and ready to serve you under new COVID guidelines. Reservations for tours are suggested due to the limited available. Click here for a guide to Brown County’s Beer, Wine and Spirits
Studios, Galleries, Shops and Boutiques
Shopping in the Village of Nashville has reopened under new COVID guidelines. Due to the size of our businesses face mask and use of hand sanitizer is highly recommended and required at some businesses.
If you are making the trip for a favorite stop, we suggest checking directly with that business.
Outdoor recreation is fully operational under new COVID guidelines. Please contact the business directly to verify hours and requirements. Click here for a directory of outdoor recreation
*We will continue to update this list with the latest changes in accordance to Indiana’s Back on Track plan.
What Brown County is Doing to Keep You Safe
Each business has its own safety plan, but here’s a general idea of how most Brown County businesses are working to keep you healthy:
- Implementing “contactless” processes and payments wherever possible
- Significantly increasing cleaning and disinfecting procedures
- Screening employees for symptoms before every shift
- Limiting the number of customers in accordance with social distancing guidelines
- Posting additional policies to follow on their front doors and in their businesses
You’ll also find several hand sanitizing stations throughout the Village.
What You Can Do
- Be cautious and considerate!
- Wear a face mask
- Practice social distancing. Stay 6 feet apart…in stores, on sidewalks, and on the trails!
- Keep those hands clean. Wash them thoroughly and sanitize often.
- Keep the touching of items and surfaces to a minimum.
- Consider bringing as much of your own food, snacks, and supplies with you from home to limit your trips to the grocery and drug store.
- Stay at home if you are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
Let’s all stay safe and healthy!