Indiana State Mask Mandate
Beginning Monday, July 27, the state of Indiana implemented an official mask mandate for all Indiana counties. The mandate requires that anyone age 8 and older must wear a face mask in indoor public spaces, commercial entities, transportation services or in outdoor public spaces where social distancing is not possible.
The Indiana Department of Health has established a color-coded county map that measures weekly cases per 100,000 residents and the seven-day
positivity rate for all tests completed. Each county is assigned a color based on the average of scores for the two metrics. The map is updated each
Wednesday at www.coronavirus.in.gov. Learn more about each color based assignment at Indiana Coronavirus Response Requirements.
What to Expect When Visiting
While things in Brown County may be a bit different, we still look forward to hosting you safely.
Our main mission is to keep YOU, our local businesses, and our residents safe!
We ask that you practice social distancing, wear a face mask, be patient, considerate, and vigilant to ensure that our community is able to remain open. Follow the link to learn more about CDC guidelines for helping to slow the spread of COVID-19.
If you want to know if your favorite business is up and running, the best thing to do is contact them directly via phone, website or social media.
Brown County Visitors Center Is Closed
The Brown County Visitors Center is closed to the public, but staff is responding to emails and voicemails regularly.
You can also reach us on Facebook at I Love Brown County | Facebook. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.
Want to keep up on the latest happenings in Brown County? Subscribe to the Brown County Buzz email newsletter to stay in the loop!
Brown County State Park
Follow the link to review Indiana DNR COVID-19 Response.
- Hiking and Mountain Biking trails are open
- Playgrounds are open
- The Nature Center is open with limited hours for the season.
- Saddle Barn is closed for the season
- The public outdoor pool is closed for the season
Restaurants Are Open
- Some locations offering heated outdoor patio seating
- Carry-out and/or curbside pick up available at many establishments
- Face mask required
Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries
Wineries, distilleries and breweries are open and ready to serve you under new COVID guidelines. Reservations for tours are suggested due to limited availability.
Studios, Galleries, Shops and Boutiques
Outdoor recreation is fully operational under new COVID guidelines. Please contact businesses directly to verify hours and requirements.
What Brown County Is Doing to Keep You Safe
Each business has its own safety plan, but here’s a general idea of how most Brown County businesses are working to keep you healthy:
- Implementing “contactless” processes and payments wherever possible
- Significantly increasing cleaning and disinfecting procedures
- Screening employees for symptoms before every shift
- Limiting the number of customers in accordance with social distancing guidelines
- Posting additional policies to follow on their front doors and in their businesses
You’ll also find several hand sanitizing stations throughout the Village.
What You Can Do
- Be cautious and considerate!
- Wear a face mask
- Practice social distancing. Stay 6 feet apart…in stores, on sidewalks, and on the trails!
- Keep those hands clean. Wash them thoroughly and sanitize often.
- Keep the touching of items and surfaces to a minimum.
- Consider bringing as much of your own food, snacks, and supplies with you from home to limit your trips to the grocery and drug store.
- Stay at home if you are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
Let’s all stay safe and healthy!