Even though life as we know it has changed, we’re ready for the new world of travel ahead!
Brown County businesses are following Indiana’s five stage Back on Track plan. As things begin to reopen, our main mission is to keep YOU, our local businesses, and our residents safe! Being patient, considerate, and vigilant is key in ensuring that our community is able to remain open.
If you want to know if your favorite local business is up and running, the best thing to do is call them or check their website/social media.
While things in Brown County may be a bit different, we still look forward to hosting you safely the next time you visit!
What Is Open
- Hotels, Cabins, & Other Lodging
- Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries
- Retail Stores
- You can still shop online here
- State Parks and Forests
- Outdoor Adventure Activities/Outfitters
- Golf Courses
- Grocery Stores and Pharmacies
*We will continue to update this list with the latest changes in accordance to Indiana’s Back on Track plan.
What Brown County is Doing to Keep You Safe
Each business has its own safety plan, but here’s a general idea of how most Brown County businesses are working to keep you healthy:
- Implementing “contactless” processes and payments wherever possible
- Significantly increasing cleaning and disinfecting procedures
- Screening employees for symptoms before every shift
- Limiting the number of customers in accordance with social distancing guidelines
- Posting additional policies to follow on their front doors and in their businesses
You’ll also find several hand sanitizing stations throughout the Village.
What You Can Do
- Be cautious and considerate!
- Practice social distancing. Stay 6 feet apart…in stores, on sidewalks, and on the trails!
- Keep those hands clean. Wash them thoroughly and sanitize often.
- Wear a mask if you feel it’s necessary.
- Keep the touching of items and surfaces to a minimum.
- Consider bringing as much of your own food, snacks, and supplies with you from home to limit your trips to the grocery and drug store.
- Stay at home if you are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
Let’s all stay safe and healthy!