Indiana Mask Mandate
Beginning Monday, July 27, the state of Indiana implemented a mask mandate for all counties. The mandate requires that anyone age 8 and older must wear a face mask in indoor public spaces, commercial entities, transportation services or in outdoor public spaces where social distancing is not possible.
Brown County Health Department Mask Mandate
Please be advised the Brown County Health Department has ordered a mask mandate for customers of dine-in food establishments and/or grocery stores.
For dine-in establishments, when customers are not seated at their tables, such as going to the restroom or departing from the restaurant, they must wear a mask. Customers masks can be removed when seated at their table. Customers in outside seating areas, must wear a mask when entering the building.
If the customer refuses to wear a mask, they are not to be allowed into the food establishment building or grocery store.
This policy is for the health protection of Brown County. Our community is a tourism based community and we must strive to protect our residents and businesses from a large COVID-19 outbreak that would have severe consequences for all.
Indiana Back on Track
Indiana has reached Stage 5 of Indiana’s five stage Back on Track plan. Follow the link to learn more.
What to expect when visiting?
While things in Brown County may be a bit different, we still look forward to hosting you safely.
Our main mission is to keep YOU, our local businesses, and our residents safe!
We ask that you practice social distancing, wear a face mask, be patient, considerate, and vigilant to ensure that our community is able to remain open.
If you want to know if your favorite business is up and running, the best thing to do is contact them directly via phone, website or social media.
Brown County State Park
- Hiking and Mountain Biking trails are open
- Saddle Barn is open
- Playgrounds are open
- The Nature Center is open and offering outdoor programs
- The public outdoor pool is closed for the season
- Allowed to be open at full seating capacity
- Outdoor seating
- Curbside pick up
- Face mask required
Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries
Wineries, distilleries and breweries
are open and ready to serve
you under new COVID guidelines. Reservations for tours
are suggested due to the
Studios, Galleries, Shops and Boutiques
Outdoor recreation is fully
operational under new COVID
guidelines. Please contact the
business directly to verify hours and requirements.
*We will continue to update this list with the latest changes in accordance to Indiana’s Back on Track plan.
What Brown County is Doing to Keep You Safe
Each business has its own safety plan, but here’s a general idea of how most Brown County businesses are working to keep you healthy:
- Implementing “contactless” processes and payments wherever possible
- Significantly increasing cleaning and disinfecting procedures
- Screening employees for symptoms before every shift
- Limiting the number of customers in accordance with social distancing guidelines
- Posting additional policies to follow on their front doors and in their businesses
You’ll also find several hand sanitizing stations throughout the Village.
What You Can Do
- Be cautious and considerate!
- Wear a face mask
- Practice social distancing. Stay 6 feet apart…in stores, on sidewalks, and on the trails!
- Keep those hands clean. Wash them thoroughly and sanitize often.
- Keep the touching of items and surfaces to a minimum.
- Consider bringing as much of your own food, snacks, and supplies with you from home to limit your trips to the grocery and drug store.
- Stay at home if you are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
Let’s all stay safe and healthy!