Brown County, Indiana offers the best trail system east of the Mississippi and is the perfect escape for your next outdoor getaway
Bike Brown County Hike Brown County Run Brown County
Before you visit, make sure you know all the trail systems the area has to offer and do a little research on which one is right for you!
Places to Hike, Bike, and Run:
Places to Hike and Bike:
Upcoming biking, hiking, and running events:
- Sub-9 Schooner Shakedown (May 18) - An individual, time-trial, point to point race.
- Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic (June 7-9) - An entire weekend with mountain biking, camping, fun and friends!
- Rainstorm Bike Ride (July 8-16) - An intensive week of cycling for riders preferring long distances.
- Sub-9 Super D (August 18) - A downhill cross country race that pits individual racers against the clock.
- Brown County Breakdown (September 27-29) - Enjoy an epic ride on beautiful trails. Not a race, just a great ride in the woods.
- Cabin Fever 5K Run/Walk (TBD) – A 5K course through Brown County.
- Sub-9 Gravel Grovel (November 30) - A non-stop, self-supported, solo competition along the rural roads of southern Indiana.
- Reindeer Romp (TBD) - An 8K/5K run beginning and starting at the Nature Center in the Brown County State Park.
- Winter Wellness Weekend (January 18, 2014) – A cool hiking and running event that includes unique hikes in Brown County State Park and the Frosty Trails 5 Mile run.