Q. Where is the closest public restroom?
A. There are five public restrooms located in the village.
- The Courthouse: open Monday thru Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
- Mound Street: open seven days a week
- The Nashville House Old Country Store: open seven days a week
- Antique Alley on Jefferson Street: open seven days a week
- School House Lane: open seven days a week
Q. Where is the best place to eat?
A. The Visitor’s Center has a book full of the menus from the restaurants. You can view the book and see what every restaurant has to offer.
Q. What is going on while I’m here?
A. On our website you can find a list of all the events happening for the day, week, month, and year. You can also find a listing of the events in the local newspaper “Our Brown County, “ on the Something To Do calendar.
Q. What is a Hoosier?
A. The term “Hoosier” is a firmly established nickname here in Indiana, but its origins are unclear.
Q. What can I do while my wife is shopping?
A. There is a wide range of activities for men to do while visiting us
- Shops with particular interest in men’s merchandise.
- Mountain Biking
- Some restaurants have televisions, so you can watch the game while she’s shopping
Q. What do I do on a rainy day?
A. There are entertainment venues and attractions located around Brown County. Check out our places to see page to find out more.
Q. What time are most stores open?
A. Typically most stores are open 10:00am-5:00pm, however on the weekends some stores will stay open later.